Even if many residents of Texas are still committed to keeping marijuana illegal, things are starting to change. Hoping to help farmers throughout the state, for example, Texas legislators in 2019 passed a bill meant to legalize the cultivation and sale of hemp.
Whether for feminized, auto-flowering, or standard marijuana seeds, Texans have plenty of excellent options to consider. Some of the specific kinds of seeds that are most popular with buyers in the Lone Star State are:
An Attempt to Legalize Hemp Production Adds to the Confusion
The Lone Star State is famed worldwide for its sprawling size and brash character. Texas is also a conservative place, though, especially outside of major cities like Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and Austin.
As a result, recent attempts to decriminalize or legalize marijuana in Texas have met with fairly stiff resistance. As far as pot fans are concerned, though, the situation is improving.
Unfortunately for opponents of marijuana, the law was somewhat vague about where to draw the line between industrial hemp and other forms of cannabis. Faced with an inability to test at the required level of precision, police chiefs and prosecutors statewide started declining to press charges against people caught possessing hemp-like substances.
If you are concerned about legal issues, we recommend purchasing your seeds directly from a dispensary rather than buying them online. However, residents of Colorado should have no difficulties in theory. Stores such as The Farm and The Green Solution regularly advertise their online seed options. It should be a quick and easy process to buy them online if you are a resident of Colorado.
One of the biggest advantages of autoflowering seeds is their ability to produce a minimum of two outdoor crops. When you grow them indoors, however, you can produce four or five crops per annum. Certain strains can become mature in just ten weeks! They are heavily resistant to mold and pests and produce a much higher yield when exposed to a powerful light source.
Elsewhere, it can be a matter of pot luck (pun intended). First and foremost, we can only recommend online seed purchases if you live in a state where growing marijuana at home is legal. If your package gets intercepted, it is unlikely that you’ll face legal consequences , although the complicated nature of the laws means we can’t provide a 100% guarantee on that.
Do you want to buy weed seeds?
- Germany: As seeds don’t fall under the German Narcotics Act, they are technically legal to purchase. However, Germany has prohibited the sale of cannabis seeds across the nation, the only EU member state to have done so. As Germany is subject to the EU’s free movement of goods, having seeds sent to Germany is fine.
- United Kingdom: At present, the UK allows for the purchase, sale, or trade of cannabis seeds whether you purchase them domestically or from another European nation. American buyers tend to use UK sellers such as Seedsman, who have been selling seeds globally since 2003. However, we’re not sure what will happen once the UK has left the EU. By the way, UK residents are not allowed to germinate cannabis seeds .
- Netherlands: It is shocking to learn that despite the nation’s relaxed attitude towards marijuana, it is still illegal! However, you should have no issue purchasing cannabis seeds from a Dutch-based seed company. Companies such as Nirvana, MSNL Seeds, and Amsterdam Marijuana Seeds also enjoy good reputations.
- France: Cannabis seeds are legal as long as they are not used for growing. However, you will struggle to find any reputable French cannabis seed dealer.
- Spain: Spain has a similarly lenient policy as the UK. Res >
In France, weed seeds are legal as long as they are not used for the cultivation of a cannabis plant but residents in France can’t buy cannabis seeds in head shops. They have to buy the seeds online.
Conclusion: technically cannabis seeds are legal in all of these 180 member states. In theory, it’s perfectly legal to buy cannabis seeds as long as they are not germinated and the public prosecutor can’t prove that you want to grow cannabis. Many countries therefore don’t see cannabis seeds as illegal but also not as legal. The seed itself is probably allowed, but the germination of the seed isn’t always. A lot of ambiguity.
In principle, cannabis seeds are not illegal in Europe, and it is possible to purchase seeds from another country. In general, when a product enters a European country, it becomes subject to that nation’s laws. The Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs, a 1962 framework for marijuana legalization, is an international treaty that was signed by 180 countries.